In a matter of months gained popularity among users around the world as a budgetary and high-quality solution for amateur 3D printing.
Since the Ender 3 series launch on the market, the following printers have undergone an upgrade – the manufacturer has made specific improvements. Therefore, do not be sad if you did not have time to buy first-tier printers. Now the Ender 3 model is perfect and reliable.
There are three models in the Ender 3 series:
- Ender 3 – a set for assembly worth 16,900 rubles.
- Ender-3 Pro – assembly kit for 18,900 rubles.
- Significant differences between the Ender3 Pro and the normal ‘three-piece’ there is a magnetic sticker for better adhesion and a great Meanwell power supply.
- Ender-3S is an already assembled printer worth 21,900 rubles.
- It is similar to the Pro model in courses of features but comes pre-assembled. They are suitable for users who do not want to assemble the printer or do not have full confidence in their capabilities.
This review will consider the budgetary and most straightforward model, or rather a set for assembly, the Ender 3.
PACKAGING AND COMPLETE SET
The Ender 3 reaches in a compact box. All elements fix with a foam seal, which ensures good safety during transportation.
Also to printer parts, the collection also comprises:
– A set of hexagons
– A small roll of PLA plastic (5 m)
– Wire for cleaning the nozzle
– Spatula, nippers, and screwdriver
– 8 GB SD card and USB SD card adapter
– Replaceable nozzle
– A set of fasteners and a set of cable ties
– spare pneumatic fitting
– Instructions in Russian in email form (for assembly and quick start)
– Warranty card
The added SD card holds firmware and test models for running the first print.
The package bundle was a pleasant surprise, such an abundance not always found in models that are more expensive. There is even a replaceable nozzle, an adapter for an SD card, and an extra fitting.
The Ender 3 prints PLA, PETG, TPU, ABS, and different plastics, But keeping in mind the general issue, it is better to have something like a cap on the printer for ABS printing. Bowden feed can also cause this problem when printing with soft plastic. However, some semi-rigid plastics will not have a problem with a bow pitch.
ASSEMBLING THE PRINTER
For 3D printers, assembling the printer is no small task. It took us about 50 minutes to complete and calibrate. The user who does this for the initial time will require about 2 hours.
The lower part of the frame with the table supply already assembles, which significantly simplifies the task. You also do not have to make the extruder and the X-axis motor.
Everything is described therein-sufficient detail and clearly, but still, several points need additional explanations. We will talk about them below.
- The first measure is to gather the printer frame: the vertical profiles, power supply, and display are attached to the bottom.
Everything is simple here. The further stages of the assembly will be somewhat more complicated.
- The next step is to install the stop and the Z-axis motor. Here it is essential to set the Z stop 32 mm from the base. Having more or less can damage further calibration.
The Z-axis motor needs to adjust in height for normal movement of the extruder mount’s profile.
- Next, we proceed to the assembly of the X-axis. The extruder motor, the extruder itself on rollers, the belt, the belt tensioner, and the idler pulley attached to the aluminum profile. Maybe it was a shortage of the first batches of printers.